Dianne Feinstein Elementary is no stranger to learning STEM at Treasure Island Sailing Center on Clipper Cove. They’ve participated every year since the program’s 2013 inception. This week their class brought the 4-year total SSL smiles to over 5,000.
Just like many classes before them, these kids had a “crabby” day studying ecology of the bay. Games featuring the food, shelter and oxygen needs of undersea creatures lead to a better understanding of what it takes to sustain life in the sea.
Learning about math, statistics and graphing always seems so much more in the TISC Activity Center !
Of course time on the docks checking out what’s in the water adds to the fun.
Set Sail Learn classes also provide every student with an opportunity to get out on Clipper Cove to experience the wind and water in a safe, protected environment away from the commercial traffic, high currents and large waves of San Francisco Bay.
The Dianne Feinstein School supplements a standards-based education by using hands-on practices and games to reinforce skills and make learning fun, differentiation to meet students’ needs, and enrichment programs that include science and arts. The TISC SSL experiential learning approach is an ideal match for their kids.
Regards from On the Cove, Dave G
In the wake:
Along with the Growth in our Set Sail Learn program, other TISC programs or activities sponsored by TISC have also grown. The graph below shows the usage of Clipper Cove by TISC students and sailors, kayakers and paddlers who use TISC as a Launching Point for New Horizons.
You can check out more of the 5,000 Set Sail Learn smiles in the posts below.
- TISC Set Sail Learn Nears 5K Milestone as Ships Sink June 17, 2017
- TISC Marks Milestone: 3,566 4th Graders on Clipper Cove July 3, 2016
- Francis Sailing Foundation Grant Launches Set Sail Learn December 13, 2015
- I Got to Steer the Boat October 13, 2015
- Now THIS is the life ! June 8, 2015
- Gordon Lau Elementary Maps SF Bay History April 23, 2015
- FSK Students Sail, Play Crab Games On Clipper Cove October 25, 2014
- Cleveland and Feinstein Schools on Clipper Cove May 12, 2014
- JYC Kids’ Crabby Day at TISC October 13, 2013